1. SGPA is happy to announce the upcoming ” Insect Life” hike on August 28th at 1:00 pm. The hike will be limited to 20 hikers and requires preregistration. Raymond Simpson, the President of the CT Entomological Society, will be the hike leader. He used to work at the Peabody Museum in Entomology. Please visit the Hiking Page for further details and registration. Registration is free.
2. SGPA Trail crew assemble every Sunday by the tool shed near Main entrance at 9:00 am. There are blazes to paint, trees to clear. Bring your gloves and wear sturdy shoes – tools will be provided by SGPA. (All are welcome to join us).
3. Invasive Plants Removal dates for 2022 are also announced. This work will be carried out in conjunction with Trail Crew work on one Sunday per month. (All are welcome to join us). For further details and dates please refer to Environmental Stewardship Page
4. SGPA would like to thank everyone who generously donated during The Great Give event held on May (4-5). Your donations will be a big help for replanting trees in the Sleeping Giant Park which were lost during 2018 tornado.
5. As of May 15, 2022, the Giant Master Program is on hold. For more information please refer to the Giant Masters page
- Educate yourself about Ticks and Safety Measures.
- Stay Safe while hiking by staying on the Marked trails.
- Enjoy nature and please Leave No Trace.
- Keep your dogs on leash
- Continue to follow CDC guidelines for COVID
- There have been reports of bear siting on the Giant in the news recently. Here are some Helpful Guidelines from DEEP for your safety.
The status of other State Parks is available on DEEP (Department of Energy and Environmental Protection) website.
You can also follow @CTStateParks on Twitter.
For more information on Trails Crew operations or to join Trail Crew, please see the Trail Maintenace Page .
Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook!