With the spring hiking season right around the corner, SGPA is thrilled to announce the return of the beloved Giant Master program. Since 1995, the program has been a fun way for individuals and families to enjoy all that the Giant has to offer. The program encourages participants to explore some of the lesser known parts of the park, and to challenge themselves to hike all 32 miles of blazed trails.
In an effort to streamline the administration of this popular program, we’ve made a few changes:
- The Giant Master Program is now split into two categories:
- Basic Giant Master program: This is the basic challenge, which allows participants to take as much time as needed to hike all 32 miles of trails at the park.
- Advanced Giant Master programs: We will continue offering Four-Season, 12-Month, and Marathon Giant Master challenges as part of the Advanced Giant Master Programs.
- Registration for all Giant Master programs is required
- Completion of the Basic program is a prerequisite for participation in any of the Advanced programs.
- We’re going green – participants will be required to submit their hiking log via email, and we will no longer accept hiking logs via mail. Participants will also receive their Giant Master number and certificate of completion via email.
For information about each program, including step-by-step instructions for participating, click on the links above or head to the Giant Master FAQ page.
We look forward to seeing you out on the trail!